steph & fitch outfitters

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

chinese new year weekend and the horrible saleslady..

this past weekend, i went home for chinese new year... mmm, every year i look forward to eating lots of yummy food at home! I stuffed myself until i couldn't feel my stomach anymore and then i would keep on eating....

Anyways, more of the reason i wanted to blog about my weekend was to vent about my encounter with the worst salesperson in the world!! On saturday, I went to farview with my mom and ricky to return a coat. But i also wanted to go to jean machine because they were having a big sale. So i walked into jean machine and a first saleslady came up to me and asked me
saleslady: "how are you doing today?"
me: "fine" (while looking down so hoping that she would notice that i just want to shop).
her: "so what are you doing this weekend?"
me: "nothing much, chinese new year"
her: "yeah, that's why i asked"

anyways, then she left me alone and said that if i needed any help to ask her.
but then another shorter girl came up to me and said
saleslady 2: "how are you doing today"
me: "fine"
her: "what are you doing this weekend?"
me: "sigh, chinese new year"
AND THEN... she started taking all these shirts off the rack and telling me about them... i just nodded politely and looked at other things on the jean racks. SHe literally started to follow me and whatever i touched, she immediately took them off the rack assuming that i was going to try on everything!! I just politely said, "oh sorry, i don't think i'm going to try on anything, i'm just looking today" BUT she still didn't get it!

She literally had like 4 pair of jeans in her hand! Then finally, i was walking away becuase i was kind of annoyed that i wasn't able to shop. She then was like "why aren't you trying on these?!!" in a kind of annoyed and mad tone. By this time, i was mad inside but still smiling on the outside. I told her nicely that i was just looking, but she was forcing me to try on things and gave me a dirty look saying that I should buy something. I felt soo trapped and ready to punch her in the face. Finally, Ricky came over and attempted to rescue me, but the saleslady still kept on going. Finally, i just said "thank you", turned around the left.

i could not believe how pushy and condesending the salesperson was!!! Even though it was chinese new year, she ruined the day for a good 10 minutes! I vow never to step foot in that jean machine again! But it was such a bummer because i was really interested in the jeans and the big sale... if she had not been so annoying and pushy, MAYBE i would have actually bought something! GRRRR... jean machine should learn how to train their employees so that they don't annoy their customers into leaving!!

anyways, that was my jean machine rant... thanks for listening :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home